Tuesday, July 31, 2012

11 months in music...Kpop edition

The 11 Kpop tracks that I played the most this year. Girl group bliss ahoy!

  • 2NE1 - "I Am The Best"


"Lonely"


"Hate You" (This is dedicated to Zuko in Wawautosa, WI. No, of course I don't hate you, but you gotta love that animation. Cartoon girls walloping each other in a post-apocalyptic cityscape = awesome)


"Ugly"


Dal Shabet - Bling Bling. (This is the first Kpop song I remember hearing. The GS25 near the EPIK orientation would played it a few times when I came in there to buy stuff. I love the fast disco groove and the "Oh let's go" hook of the chorus)

Secret - Move. (60s and 2010s pop bliss. Listen for the surf guitar in the background)


Girls' Generation - Hoot. (From their 3rd Mini Album. Bought the same day as 2NE1's 2nd Mini album at the E-Mart in Chuncheon. I loved them right away: The Bond Girl look drives me wild. Somehow they threw some Austin Powers into the mix as well. All 9 girls dressed up like this? Sign me up! The song's good on its own, too.)  


Wonder Girls - Nobody. (An oldie by Kpop standards. Loved this one right away)
Kara - Step. (For anyone who feels like partying right now)


Brown Eyed Girls - Sixth Sense. (Driving and militaristic)



T-Ara - Lovey Dovey. (Catchy)

Bonus tracks: Miss A


"Bad Girl Good Girl" (All of my students know the expressions "You don't know me!" and "Shut up!" because of this song)


"Goodbye Baby"


No comments:

Post a Comment