Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

I know I already had a Thanksgiving post, but Korea's ahead in time because of the International Date Line, so let's do it again.

Dannyfrom504 (link at right) had a thoughtful and honest post about celebrating Thanksgiving while overseas, so check it out when you get a chance. Reading it made me remember my cousin who served in Iraq and how he couldn't join the rest of us in Ohio when we was away. Thankfully, he's back and none of us are in combat situations anymore. Even though I live minutes away from the DMZ, this place is far from a combat zone.

If I were in the States, I'd be off school and would be on Ohio and Kentucky celebrating with the family, but such as it is, Thanksgiving day's just another Thursday over here. I got up, went to school, taught four classes, and came home before going back out to eat dinner at the school cafeteria. Nothing too much out of the ordinary, but that sounds fine. Ordinary means nothing crazy and nothing bad is happening. That said, I did make it a good day and enjoyed the day.

*the soldiers must have had some training exercises because we heard plenty of gunfire and artillery testing throughout the day. We also some flares and tracer rounds at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment