Sunday, January 20, 2013

Vacation Days 19-20: Last days in Wisconsin/Greetings from Arizona

The last day in WI got spent tooling around the Southridge Mall area of Milwaukee. It was there that I met Mike at Kyoto, our Japanese restaurant and hit the record stores one last time. In addition to the savory food, I scored some more CDs and DVDs that I'd been looking for. Mike found some good stuff too.

It goes without saying that I'll miss my WI friends. They don't all know each other, but it's been wonderful seeing them again. We caught up with each other and did a bunch of stuff this felt like old times. Although not many new things happened in WI, it was a good time. In spite of all the interconnectivity we have now with Facebook, blogs, and the like, we still had plenty of stories to tell. We had no shortage of information to relay to each other. Life's like that: Only so much can be written online or sent in a message. Some things require face to face conversation. Some stories need a live audience. They just do. All of us can agree on that point. As to when we'll see each other again, I'm not sure. It's been difficult finding time to meet everyone because of our different schedules. I wasn't able to see some old friends during this trip and I'm sorry that that happened. We'll see each other soon enough.

That concludes the WI portion of the journey. I'm now outside of Tucson, AZ. We arrived earlier today, had lunch in Phoenix, and drove down I-10. It's me and my family's first time in AZ and we're already having quite the time. Everything's terra cotta-colored and warm out here. I may have to rename this blog Arizona Dispatches because that's where they'll be coming from for a while. The landscape's looks like The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. Pictures : a steer's head in front of my aunt and uncle's house, and the roadside along I-10 outside of Phoenix.

No comments:

Post a Comment